At WHAM, we are committed to keeping your data safe and compliant with all relevant legislation.
Information on Member Associations or affiliated organisations retained by the WHAM Secretary and Treasurer is:
names, addresses, email information and telephone numbers of Treasurer & Secretary given to WHAM by Member Associations or affiliated organisations.
The information is used only for internal communications. No information on Members’ Data will be passed to third party organisations. Should you wish your contact details removed from our internal members list please notify WHAM secretary.
Information on Correspondents retained by the WHAM Secretary is:
name, address, telephone number and email information of Correspondent given to WHAM by the Correspondent.
The information is used only for internal communications for the duration of the correspondence and any consequent investigation. No information on Correspondents’ Data will be passed to third party organisations except with the approval of the Correspondent.
Should you wish your contact details removed from our internal members list please notify WHAM secretary.
Your Rights in relation to your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
- Request that a decision made using automated processing of your personal data which significantly affect you, be reviewed by an individual to whom you may make representations and contest the decision. This right only applies where we use your information with your consent or as part of a contractual relationship with you.
- Withdraw your consent to our use of your personal data for a specific purpose at any time where our use of your personal data for the purpose relies on consent as a legal condition for that use.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer at WHAM secretary.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data or to exercise any of the other rights. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and to ensure your right to access your personal data or to exercise any of your other rights. This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Further information about your rights under Data Protection Law can be found at the website of the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you have any concerns or complaints about the way we handle your personal data, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Their website contains details of how to make a complaint. However, we would welcome an opportunity to deal with the issue in the first instance, if you wish to contact us at WHAM secretary.
Policy approved WHAM committee 6/10/2018