Bird flu - places to avoid
To reduce the impact of avian flu on bird populations, RYA advice is that the following areas have been closed to, or should be avoided by visitors and public landings this year:
- Shetland (Noss, Ramna Stacks & Gruney)
- Orkney (Calf of Eday, Swona & Muckle Skerry)
- Firth of Forth (Craigleith, Inchmickery, Isle of May, Lamb and Fidra, Bass Rock)
- Argyll (Glas Eileanan- Sound of Mull, Treshnish Isles)
- Highland (Priest Island)
- Western Isles (Flannan Isles, North Rona & Sula Sgeir, St Kilda -Dùn, Soay, Boreray, Stac an Armin and Stac Li - excluding the main island of Hirta).